all.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
chenwen
chenwen Dec 7
PORTLAND, Ore. Grey 2018 Air VaporMax Shoes . -- Defense was the difference for the Trail Blazers.After struggling for the past half-dozen games, Portland had more of a complete effort in a 119-104 victory over New Orleans on Friday night. Damian Lillard scored 27 points and CJ McCollum added 24 to snap the Pelicans four-game winning streak.I think what we did on the defensive end allowed us to get out in transition and move the ball, and play at the pace that we wanted to be at. It worked in our favor, once we did it consistently, Lillard said.Lillard added 11 assists for the Blazers, who were coming off a 1-4 road trip. It was the 2,000th win in franchise history.Anthony Davis, who went into the game ranked second in the league with an average of 31.3 points a game, led the Pelicans with 31 points and 13 rebounds.The Blazers led by as many as 17 points in the third quarter, but the Pelicans closed to 105-101 on Terrance Jones dunk and Jrue Holidays jumper. Portland responded with an 8-0 run, capped by Maurice Harkless reverse layup that made it 113-101, and New Orleans couldnt catch up.Obviously its really good to get a win, Blazers coach Terry Stotts said. Weve been struggling a little bit. I thought offensively we were pretty good for most of the night. Defensively, after about two minutes into the second quarter, we were good the last three quarters.The Pelicans have rebounded after an eight-game losing streak to start the season and were coming off a 117-96 victory at home over the Timberwolves. But the win was costly because New Orleans lost Dante Cunningham in the first half because of a non-displaced right proximal fibula fracture. He will miss four to six weeks.The four-game winning streak coincided with the return of Holiday, who missed the start of the season to care for his wife, Lauren Holiday, following the birth of their child and surgery to remove a tumor on the right side of his wifes brain. Lauren Holiday was a standout on the U.S. womens national soccer team for eight years until her retirement last year.Holiday finished with 16 points.Portland, coming off a 137-125 loss in Cleveland, led by eight points in the first quarter but New Orleans pulled in front by the second, taking a 38-32 lead on Holidays 3-pointer. Portland reclaimed a 47-43 lead on consecutive baskets from Jake Layman and McCollum.McCollum led all scorers in the first half with 19 points and the Blazers led 66-57.The Blazers went on an 8-0 run to open the third quarter, capped by McCollums 3-pointer that made it 74-57. Meyers Leonards dunk and Lillards long 3-pointer extended Portlands lead to 94-78.If youre going to be content to exchange baskets with this team youre probably going to struggle because theyre really good offensively, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said.TIP-INSPelicans: New Orleans players and coaches had Thanksgiving dinner at the family home of Jones, who grew up in Portland. His family was terrific to us, Gentry said. ... The Pelicans have four players on the injured/inactive list: Tyreke Evans (right knee), Quincy Pondexter (left knee), Cunningham (right leg) and Cheick Diallo (D-League assignment).Trail Blazers: It was Stotts birthday. ... There was no update on the status of Al-Farouq Aminu, who has a strained left calf. ... Mason Plumlee finished with 12 points and 14 rebounds. ... Portland has won 11 straight over the Pelicans at the Moda Center.SECOND CHANCESThe Blazers had 23 second-chance points compared to two for New Orleans, something that was a concern to Gentry: You give up 12 offensive rebounds and they get 23 second-chance points, he said, that means theyre scoring every time they get a rebounds and that puts way too much pressure on your offense.MILESTONESBesides his birthday, it was also Stotts 191st win as coach of the Blazers. He ranks fourth in franchise history behind Jack Ramsay (435), Rick Adelman (291) and Nate McMillan (266).Portland is the 15th NBA team to hit 2,000 wins.UP NEXT:Pelicans: New Orleans visits the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday.Trail Blazers: Portland hosts the Houston Rockets on Sunday. Wholesale Air VaporMax 2018 . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Youth Air VaporMax 2018 . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. http://www.cheapairvapormaxstore.com/ . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Bob Huggins joined some elite company.No. 12 West Virginia used a 37-4 first half run to cruise to a 112-67 victory over UMKC, Huggins his 800th career win.Huggins is the 10th head coach to reach 800 wins and only the third to achieve that milestone at his alma mater, the others being Jim Boeheim at Syracuse and Adolph Rupp at Kentucky.Those are big names, Huggins said. Those are guys that I said when I first got to go to the Final Four, Id sit in the lobby all day and all night and just watch them. Id watch how they interacted with people and just sat there thinking that one day I want to be like that. One day, I want to be one of them.Huggins is the second college basketball coach to achieve the 800-win milestone this week as former Villanova coach Rollie Massimino did it this week as Keiser defeated Trinity Baptist 77-47 on Wednesday.Boeheim along with former WVU player and Golden State Warriors executive board member Jerry West, Kentucky head coach John Calipari, Louisville head coach Rick Pitino and countless former Cincinnati and WVU players were among those to send their congratulations in a postgame ceremony.It was kind of neat seeing all of those former players and all the people who were more a part of it (800 wins) than I am because I didnt score a goal in any of the 800, Huggins said.Huggins was presented with a jersey with the number 800 printed on it by West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons following the game.Thank you Shane, but I dont think I couldve fit into this even when I played, Huggins said.Among Huggins 800 wins are two Final Four appearances (1992 with Cincinnati and 2010 with West Virginia), four Elite Eight appearances, seven Sweet 16 appearances and 10 conference championships.Eight-hundred wins. How do you pick one? Huggins answered when asked for his favorite win. I cant do it. I like beating Cal (John Calipari) but thats way more than one.Nathan Adrian led seven players in double figures for the Mountaineers (9-1)) with 13 points. Black Air VaporMax Shoes. Daxter Miles Jr. and Esa Ahmad had 12 points each. Elijah Macon led West Virginia with seven rebounds and Jevon Carter had six assists.He has a lot of pride in this state and a lot of pride for the game of basketball so you really cant hide that, Adrian said when asked of Huggins emotions after the game.The win was the highest scoring output for the Mountaineers this season.LaVell Boyd led the Kangaroos (7-6) with 14 points.The 45-point defeat is the worst for UMKC this season beating their 43-point defeat at Kansas earlier this month.BIG PICTUREUMKC has one major trip left on its schedule as they hit the road to take on Mississippi State on Dec. 29, which is sandwiched between a couple of home games. The Kangaroos start WAC play at home against New Mexico State on Jan. 5.West Virginia has looked impressive in just about all facets of the game since their upset of then-No. 6 Virginia on Dec. 3. The Mountaineers have a couple more games in the stat-padding portion of their schedule before starting Big 12 play at Oklahoma State on Dec. 30.PRESS VIRGINIAThe Mountaineers scored 38 points off 27 UMKC turnovers. West Virginia forces an average of 26.1 turnovers per game.WITNESSING HISTORYThis is the second time the Kangaroos have played in a milestone game this season. Their loss to Kansas, 105-62, on Dec. 6 was Jayhawks coach Bill Selfs 600th career win.PLAYING ONE `ROO SHORTUMKC dismissed senior guard and second-leading scorer Martez Harrison earlier in the week. Harrison had been suspended since late November due to an investigation by the schools Title IX office. He averaged 16.5 points per game during the first six games of the season.UP NEXTUMKC hosts UT Martin on Tuesday night.West Virginia hosts Radford on Tuesday night.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '