play on with another and was feeling a little bit numb after the loss to t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
liuhuaxia
liuhuaxia Oct 12
RIO DE JANEIRO -- The end of an era arrived in a flurry of sluggish serves, mixed signals and netted volleys. Samson Ebukam Rams Jersey . Olympic doubles had been Venus and Serena Williams personal property while winning three gold medals over the past 16 years. But age, sickness and a persistent pair of Czechoslovakians combined in a cruel and stunning end to the sisters Olympic doubles career.In hindsight, it shouldnt have been so shocking to see Venus and Serena lose 6-3, 6-4 to Lucie Safarova and Barbora Strycova on Sunday. Venus is 36 years old. These were her fifth Olympics. In 2011, she disclosed she has Sjongrens syndrome, which causes fatigue and joint pain. One day before the doubles loss, a virus cost Venus her first-round singles match, leaving her with cramping, dehydration and stomach pain.But these were the Williams women, winners of 14 Grand Slam doubles titles. Serena is still Serena, No. 1 in the world. They had never lost an Olympic doubles match. The Czechs, relatively new partners, had never won a match together. You kept waiting for the sisters to dig in, for Venus to return and Serena to roar and for their resolve to turn the tide like so many times before.This has been [Venus] goal for the last four years -- to come back to the Olympics, U.S. womens tennis coach Mary Jo Fernandez said before the match. She wants to win a medal so badly in anything.Instead of a fourth doubles gold medal to go with one singles gold for each sister, we are left with the Olympic memory of the Czechs feasting on Venus serve. Of Serena at the net yelling cross, but Venus failing to cover. Of Venus moving stiffly between points, and calling often for a towel. Of Strycova volleying the ball through Venus legs at the net -- twice.As Strycova and Safarova pulled away, the Rio crowd got behind them, chanting for the Czechs and even booing down an attempted chant of U-S-A.Venus only deigned to speak to the media for 15 seconds after the match. Today was not our best day as a team, she said, looking into the distance. We like to have a chance to play into the tournament, we just played a tough team. So we wish them the best of luck in the rest of the event, and well get ready for the US Open in doubles.Serena showed just the briefest glimpse of what it feels like to know that her run of sisterly dominance is ending.Its devastating, Serena said. Then she changed course, unconvincingly. But were really, also, I wouldnt say its devastating. We had a chance to compete for our country, we did the best that we can, and we had a blast out there. I wouldnt actually say it was devastating, it was a lot of fun, and well always remember these moments, these matches. At the end of the day, thats what matters most.We honestly didnt play our best whatsoever tonight, Serena said. We played terrible, and it showed in the results.The Venus and Serena team is not finished. They won Wimbledon doubles this year, and will play the U.S. Open. Serena is still competing in singles in Rio. But for the first time since 2004, when Serena withdrew from the Games with a knee injury, another pair of women will wear the gold. Josh Reynolds Womens Jersey . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. Cooper Kupp Womens Jersey . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-john-johnson-rams-jersey/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. A 62-point drubbing by the Adelaide Crows wasnt how Brent Harvey wanted, or probably deserved, to bring down the curtain on his illustrious career at North Melbourne.But as the Kangaroos bowed out of the AFL finals at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, an emotional Harvey, who teammates say bleeds blue and white said goodbye to the fans who had cheered him on for more than 20 years.The AFL games record holder was clearly emotional as he left the ground as both sides stood in line to mark his achievements, along with those of Norths three other departing stars, Nick Dal Santo, Michael Firrito and Drew Petrie.Harvey spoke to his teammates behind closed doors and Andrew Swallow said he told the group that he had always been happy just to play one game, let alone a record 432.He loves the club. He owes everything to this place because hes spent more than half his life here, Swallow said.Hes always going to be a Kangaroos man at heart.Harvey is yet to reveal if he intends to go on next year and coach BBrad Scott wasnt about to bring his AFL career to a close. Gerald Everett Womens Jersey. In my view its never a coaches role to retire players. Ever, he said.Players decide when they retire and I was determined never at any stage to coerce, force, direct, Boomer with what he wanted to do.Im charged with responsibility of doing the right thing by our football club but I still regard myself as a players coach so the things that have unfolded in the second half of the year have been as tough as any period of my time in footy.But we will not force Boomer to make a decision one way or the other. That decision will be entirely his.Dal Santo is also yet to decide whether to play on with another and was feeling a little bit numb after the loss to the Crows.Im a little bit confused. You just dont know how you should be feeling, he said.As for next year ...I dont know what the future holds. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '